Dear Family and Friends,
I hope the post finds everyone well. Sorry I haven't posted any pictures in a while. Life is good. Maybe some of you don't know, but I renewed with my company for another year, so I will be teaching here till November 2012. Summer is HOT. Like 90 with lots of humidity. In the last 2 months, I have taken a national Japanese test, which I think went well, been making new friends, and trying to find some summer time hobbies. There is an outdoor pool that opened near me, so I have been swimming outside recently , excited. That's about it. Good luck, have fun. Hope you enjoy the photos.
This was my first real dance contest to see. This is a friend from my town. Studying Physics in graduate school, and dancing.

The baseball game in Osaka. Japanese baseball games are everything you would think, loud and strange. But lots of fun.

I never posted this one from March, but this is the Castle near me during the Cherry Blossom Festival.


cool.
That's it. bye bye.


3 comments:
Hi Chris,
It's Buffy, your cousin, and I want to tell you what a pleasure it's been to have your blog to check in on. Thanks for keeping us up to date! I got the address from your Mom, after the tsunami. I don't really know how to email you, and would prefer that platform to ask this question, BUT: a guy from St Paul is leaving soon to come to Japan to teach English. I don't know where, etc. but I wondered if you'd be agreeable that I give him your name and location, or vice versa.
Let me know, I'm emd@visi.com or "elmo du" on facebook. thanks.
I am really impressed that you are getting out in your community so much and meeting the people, evidently enjoying things about your work, learning Japanese. Good for you, Chris! What do you need from the US? I'd love to hear from you, so be in touch.
xo, Buffy
ps: email address?
As always Chris - it is good to hear from you!
You are amazing!
Mom
Hi Chris,
It's me again, maybe a week has gone by? Anyway, wonder what you're thinking on the Japanese victory over the USWomen in soccer. I couldn't believe the US got so far, but ... what a great surprise. Did you watch the game?
Anyway, I want to tell you that the day is looming for young Diego to go to Japan. I think he mentioned some town like Sakay, and I think that Jet is the name of his employer. I am going to get his coordinates nailed down and send them to you, then do whatever. I've known this guy because he works at a grocery store I frequent, and has for at least seven or eight years. He's a real quiet guy, but that could be because I'm an old gal, you know? Anyway, I hope that's ok with you.
My computer is acting super strange, like it's taken jumping beans or something.
Write when you can, Love, Buffy Elmo Du
Post a Comment